HybridZ

VH45de into 260Z?

Guest Sockz

Hey guys, my first post here.

I've been trying to research putting a VH45de into a 260Z. I got linked to this site from ZCAR.com saying that there might have been one on here for a bit.

Can anybody provide any info?

I would probably run the VH45de with it's box and a sequential shifter, with an aftermarket computer. I am prepared to insert the engine and box myself into the Z.

What do I need to consider, besides engine mounts, fuel system and new exhaust?

Are there any pics or links to where I could find some relevant info?

Cheers in advance for any responses :)

Sockz.

Well, there isn't any information on these boards about the VH45DE. Or anywhere else for that matter. I'm considering this engine for my '86. I've yet to see it swapped into any kind of car. And the only mods available for it is ECU, which will bring it to around 300hp, and a nitrous kit w/ECU. Except for things like intakes and exhaust for the Q45 which won't exactly work on your car.

I hear that you can fit a nissan 5-speed tranny to this engine, but I've yet to see one or hear of it actually being done. A 5-speed from a Z32 TT would be a nice.

If you find anything that will help either of us out, let me know. And I'll let you know anything I find out as well. :D

AHA! I was wrong. There is a bit of info available on these forums.

I'm reading this one right now:

http://www.hybridz.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=14612&highlight=

There's a few more, Search for "VH45DE" in all the forums.

Looks like the bellhousing for the V6 5-speed won't work. So a 5-speed might be out of the question. Which is a bummer for me as I have a few of them lying around. :(

Two things:

1.) the photo's of the 240 on zparts.com is a jdm vh41de the vh45 litle brother

2.) Correct: the tt 5sp will not bolt up, and to my reseach there is not a gearbox that will bolt to this engine w/o a custom bellhouse or adapter plate. I've been reseaching this for sometime now.

My plans are to design a tt version of the vh45 into zx body w/5or6 sp gearbox. I will continue to share info.