HybridZ

How to use the 60 mm Trotle body from a 240sx

Guest duende1933

Guest duende1933

I got the 240sx trottle body from an 240 sx and have the adaptor and the bolts. I own a 1983 280zx turbo egine on a 240Z . I know the "J" pipe needs to be modified to be able to use the new trottle body. What mods do i have to make to it? Besides the "J" pipe, are there other mods I need to do to the new trottle body other that the linhage? I have searched the topics but came up empty. Please help! :?:

The linkage itself is pretty easy. Basically, you take the "arm" off your old throttle body, its the part with the ball end on it, dont know what its real name is :D Then you take the 240sx linkage off, leaving the inner spring on the 240sx TB. Put the "arm" off the 280zx throttle body and put it on in the correct direction and then bolt it down. If the 240sx throttle body is one with cruise control, you will have to make a spacer for the shaft, or better yet thread it down far enough and cut off the excess. Here is a crappy, I just ran out in the garage and snapped a pic, picture. HTH

~Kenny

240sxmodded.jpg

Guest duende1933

Thank you for all the info guys but what about the "J" pipe? What mod do I have to do or how? How much do the manifold needs to be ported?

1.take off j pipe & if you already drilled out the 60mm hole on your spacer already. then with the new t/b and spacer, put it all together and see if it aligns up to the intake manifold with the 4 bolt holes aligned too.

then take it out again and this time just put the spacer up againts the intake with the 4 bolt holes perfectly aligned, mark the hole with a permanent marker.

2. stick a rag inside the intake manifold so when you port it the aluminum chips don't go into the manifold.

3. start cutting/porting the manifold where you outlined the circle .

( i used a router with a wood bit to do mines. took no time at all, just be very careful.)

4.after done porting, take out rag and clean off all chips from manifold

5.put it all together and measure how much you need to do the cutting on j-pipe

6. after the j-pipe is cut to lenght, you need a reducer coupling to fastened

up the j-pipe to the 60mm throttle body. bolt everything up and your done.