HybridZ

few new pics of my Z... plus a few small questions..

Guest ON3GO

Guest 240hybrid

I've seen that spray paint that supposedly converts rust and turns black after drying. Interesting stuff...wonder how well it works. As for the interior and exterior of the floorboards I think that the bedliner stuff would be a better bet as its thicker and much more durable than a rubberized undercoating, but I have used both methods. I think that the bedliner paints are similar to Por 15 in the way it seals, but I wouldn't call it a rust killer/stopper.

I like that idea of putting a full dash cap over the aluminum frame of the dash in a effort to save weight? How much does a stock dash weigh?

Chase

it weighs to much for my tastes.

that spray can stuff that turns the rust into like black paint is BS. i built a OHMI GLH-S for my friend when i was working on my Z when i was in florida.

well he helped but not really.

anyways his ohmi was a rust bucket.... anyways he bought all that crap cuz he thought it would be better then spending a tad bit more money on good stuff that WORKS.. well it turned out crap just like his car..

he made me build him a all alumium dash, rivited everything, bent everything, came out nice... and said "na dont like it an ya rip it out for me" F UUUUUUUUU.

did alot of work on that car for nothing in return. welded doors shut, did body work, put new floors, in, made aluminum door panels, etc etc etc..

anyays back on topic.. that stuff doesnt work..

mike

Guest 240hybrid

That answers my question...good thing to know that it doesn't work. I only place my trust in Por15 products so far.

Maybe just removing the dash and shaving off some of the foam that it is contructed from will cut the weight down a good bit. Instead of buying a cap and mounting it on the dash skeleton, and trying to make it sturdy/durable. You could always go solo and get rid of the passenger seat to save weight.... :lol: , but then you can't scare the dodo out of your friends.

Chase

Guest 240hybrid

That answers my question...good thing to know that it doesn't work. I only place my trust in Por15 products so far.

Maybe just removing the dash and shaving off some of the foam that it is contructed from will cut the weight down a good bit. Instead of buying a cap and mounting it on the dash skeleton, and trying to make it sturdy/durable. You could always go solo and get rid of the passenger seat to save weight.... :lol: , but then you can't scare the dodo out of your friends.

Chase

I've been thinking about covering my dash in swuede like the old race cars had. Match with a swuede competition steering wheel would look sweet. :-D

Does anyone have experience putting on a cover like that?