HybridZ

Interesting day at the J/Y regarding Maxima N47's......

Mack

well, I went to the pick 'n' pull yesterday to get a head. Found a few maximas with their N47's still intact. so, I was looking around for one with the lowest mileage, which happened to be 160,000 lol and as I pulled it and was checking everything, I noticed the valves looked bigger than what they should be. Sure enough, it already had the big 280ZX valves in it. both the intake and exhaust. and, the top of the cylinder block was notched for the intake valve clearance.

I do not know specifics, but it was an 83 or 84 (couldn't tell, drivers door wouldn't open, lol!) it had the 4spd auto and on the tag in the engine compartment, it read L24(E) and it also said it was a 910. hope this helps some people out there looking for these. Also, it could still use a good unshrouding and it looked like the pistons were dished just a tad in the block.

McAdam

p.s. found a 1984 maxima there with a leather interior and a DIGITAL DASH! lol, I had never seen that, maight grab it just for fun!