HybridZ

Mmmmmmmm.......Ebay

Been a while since I've posted anything. I just finished up a 6 month deployment to the middle east on board a destroyer, so I've had lots of time to think things through and save money. 6 months ago I had nearly convinced myself to go ahead with my original idea of installing a Jaguar V12 into my 240 Z, with the addition of a few turbos to make things exciting. After much research on the internet, and several consultations with my wallet, I have decided to follow the herd and stuff a chevy motor in my car. I already had a 4 bolt, high nickel block to build from, and have purchased the following items from ebay over the last few days.

Used T-56 transmission from 1997 firebird, complete with flywheel, clutch, and clutch cylinder/pedal assembly (Flywheel and clutch will have to be replaced with aftermarket items).

Internally balanced 383 rotating assembly. Cast steel Eagle crank, forged H-beam connecting rods, SRP forged pistons (10.48/1), Total Seal rings, Clevite 77 rod and main bearings.

Pro Topline aluminum cylinder heads (bare). 235cc intake runner with 72cc chamber. 2.08 intake, 1.6 exhaust valve diameters. Set up for 7/16" screw in studs. $749.00 for the pair.

I still have to get all the goodies to finish up the heads, but I should end up with a really good set of heads for a lot less than an assembled pair would cost. My goal for the engine is at or slightly above the 500 HP level, which should be more than sufficient to ensure a closed casket funeral, Heh Heh Heh :D If any of you guys know a good place to get a set of 2.08/1.6 vlaves for cheap, please feel free to pass that information along. More updates to follow,

Mike

Guest plainswolf

WELCOME BACK Z-Tard!

Sounds like a pretty healthy combination you have... I've been hearing and reading more and more good things about Pro Topline products... A friend from work had a set and had them worked over and the shop that did the work was VERY amazed at the flow numbers from them, in terms of percentage of flow of potential fro heads... something to do with they actually flowed beyond 100% capability.. The shop said they've never quite seen that, or very rarely do, from any brand of heads they work..

needless to say it sounds like you have a great foundation for your power goals! :D

Yes welcome back Ztard:

I see you have decided to join the cylindrically challenged. I can’t blame you, the wallet does rule after all and the Chevy will give the most HP for the buck. The T56 will not disappoint you. Enjoy!

Not to worry Glenn, the engine will get used eventually. One of my future projects hopefully will be a ground up fabrication of an entire car, either a front engine-rear drive like a TVR Speed 12, or Mid-rear like a Saleen S7. The V12 would be the perfect powerplant for either design. Lessons learned from the construction of my Z, as well as experience gained while driving it should come in handy for something like that. I think my fabrication skills are up to the challenge, but my electrical skills and budget are somewhat restrictive for the time being. Baby steps, baby steps....

Mike