HybridZ

Stealth Ram revisited

You think I could do the whole thing for $1500 including an AFPR, new injectors, and new TB (I have the stock 42mm still)?

I don't see why not...

SR intake: ~$300

SR fuel rail w/AFPR: ~$225

52mm TB: ~$200 (do you really need this?)

injectors: ~$250 (do you really need this?)

I've got about $1000 in my setup, including the ECM(Megasquirt).

(I have the stock 42mm still)

I thought the stock TPI TB was 48mm. I read that the stock TPI/Lt1 TB flows about 670

CFM. That should be enough to get me into the mid/low 11's.

How close is the stock plenum to the hood?

I haven't measured yet. The hood closes without contact. The SR is 10" tall from the top of

the block. Just lay a straight edge across the tops of the fenders and measure down to the

block.

:cheers:

Don

You are right about the Throttle Body.

http://www.eecis.udel.edu/~davis/z28/buildup/throttle-body/

I'm not so sure about what he says on HP levels. :? Maybe I'll just go with the stock still. :)

I have 24# injectors, and I'm running aftermarket heads and quite a lumpy cam for the street. I'm expecting 370rwhp after the intake if I do it.

Sam

Just when I was beginning to believe that a single plane manifold could do as well as the Stealth, you guys have to put doubt back into my head. I guess I could go with what I have and see how I like it. I could always sell it later and buy the Stealthram if I thought it would really make a difference. You're right, the TPI and Stealth are just so sexy compared to a single plane.