HybridZ

TPS for Megasquirt

jkube

I bought a 60mm throttle body from a '91 240sx and found that the TPS is variable voltage type. The TPS that comes on the 280 zx will not work properly with Megasquirt because it has "Switched" type contacts.

This TPS fits on the 280zx throttle bodies too, so it can be used for a Megasquirt installation.

Just thought I would post this info for potential Megasquirt users.

'72 240z, L28 N/A, Fuel injected, Megasquirted, headers, 2.5" exhaust, racer brown cam, Retrofit LSD, 3.54 ratio R200, custom sway bars, custom race springs, bump steer adjusted, custom race seats,

Hey man, you running/building MS? If so, how much did it cost you to get shipped up here? Did you just buy the 'basic kit' (programed chip, PSB, ect) and get the rest (resistors, caps, ect) localy, or did you order everything from the states? I wana do this MS thing on my 280z.. just trying to figure out a budget for it.. Thanks. :)

Hey Datsunlover

I got your PM a while ago, but havent had time to answer back, my apologies.

I still have to add up the cost for the MS in Canadian dollars. The problem is that I;m building 2 of them. 1 for me and another for my uncles 240z.

I bought the "Kit" from Megasquirt, and all the other pieces from Neutron electonics in Guelph. If you decide to do MS, send me a PM because I had to buy 5 sets of all the bits, so I have extra.

I think this an approx CDN $ cost of all I bought

$100 MS kit (PC board, ECU Map sensor and FET driver and Relay PCB)

$50 (resistors, diodes connectors, box, etc for MS)

$40 Relay board components

$150 Adj. fuel pressure regulator

$250 New Walbro fuel pump 255 ltr/hr

$50 High pressure fuel lines and fittings

$30 Automotive grade electrical wire ( 18 and 16 gage multicolour)

I already had the injection manifold stuff from the 280zx motor I bought.

$40 Aluminum fuel rail

$30 Intake filter, pressure gage

$30 Intake air temp sensor

$30 TPS - Came with used throttle body ( 60mm)

I'm still using the 240z fuel tank but want to modify it in the spring to add a sump to the bottom.

Go to my personnal page. I have some pics there.

Well I'll probly take the 'extras' off your hands.. and my 280 is already an FI motor, so I have the stock fuel pump/tank/injectors. I work in a machine shop so I'll build my own fuel rail and controler box. I also have friends in wrecking yards, so all the GM sensors/ect will be easy to get a hold of. I was curious how long it took to get your kit from the states... I am thinking of ordering one in the new year but want my car running for nex summer... and there is a HUGE list of other things to do on the car to get it road worthy.. Thanks for the reponce though! :)

The kit took about 8 days to arrive by courier.

It took about another week to build up to the point of being ready to install into the car.

Send me PM when your ready and I'll package up the extra bits in numbered bags for you. I usually visit a relative that lives near Port Severn so I can drop the stuff off to you.

Awesome man! Thanks! :-D That would be really cool if you can do that! I could meet you in Barrie or something (Midland is a bit out of the way if you're going to Port severn..) if you like. Did the courier cost you a lot? Anyway, I'll have to figure out the MS ordering page (its a little confusing..) and get this project going. I'm thinking maybe early January as long as my job holds out.. we're getting into a slow time, and I might get my hours cut back.. but I'll keep you posted. Thanks again man! :rockon: