HybridZ

To Everyone Working On Or Completed a Ferrari GTO Rebody

Zerrari GTO

Has any one tried to assemble the Ferrari replica people on this site into a sub-group to exchange body and replica information? If nobody knows of a posting on this site that links the Ferrari and exotic rebody projects together would the members on this site doing this type of project please list themselves. It would be really helpful to discuss things and share ideas on this subject.

There have been discussions of this in the past. Basically, there isn't enough of a core group (on this site, anyway) to support a GTO/Ferrari replica forum on it's own. The Body & Paint forum is the best place on this site to discuss replica questions.

John Washington is admistering the GTO Replica Registry. There isn't a lot of information on that site and there is no forum, but it does have links to some of the builder's websites. I would be interested in putting together a forum, but I'm not sure how much interest/traffic there would be.

Guest shane280z

Yeah, I agree that there should be a site either here at Hybridz or somewhere on the Net for those who have built or those who want to build the GTO Z. Myself, I have built 2 GTO's and in the spring of '04 will be starting another GTO Z project.

There is a friend of mine here in Northern Colorado that has built one GTO Z and he also this spring is wanting to build another one. He and I have discussed this matter and basically are puting the word out there that we could be building customer GTO cars for hire if anyone would be so interested in our fabrication and mechanical skills then give a email to ShaneFanon@Hotmail.Com or call 303-772-0404 Mon- Fri 9:30am-4pm .

I have been saying for a year that this winter would be the time I would finally be able to get around to doing something with the GTORR. However, I've been busier with orders than ever in the past...especially the holiday season which is normally the time I get to catch up.

However, I have talked to several folks about getting a group of us together for the Knott's Berry Farm Kit Car Show in the LA area at the end of April. I've emailed the folks who put on the show to get a date from them, but it has not yet been announced.

Knott's is normally right around the same time as the MSA show, so it might be convenient to have a gathering at both places.

If one of you guys is pretty skilled with web stuff, I would be interested in working with you to get the GTORR up to speed a little quicker. I agree that a forum is important, but FAQs are even more so.

Anyway, let's chat!

It's to bad there's (nobody) in my area that is interested in the conversion stuff Like Shane is.

You end up paying extra (i.e. bribe) these guys to do your bodywork, because they's not interested in some pain-in-the-ass fiberglass kit. They'd rather be doing high-volume work on fender replacements and body repairs. For me, it's really important to get some experienced help or to have pros do the work because I'm not able to do it, with my bad arm, nor do I have anywhere to do work, besides the driveway. Not to mention the specialized tools you might need.

Maybe I could strap the front & back sections on, throw the rest inside and drive(reeeeal slow) all the way to CO? lol