HybridZ

whats up hybridZ

Guest KillerZees

Guest KillerZees

hey guys Im new to HybridZ, I have been reading the posts for about 2 months while I looked for a Z. I just have to say that you guys gave me alot of invaluable knowledge in order to pick out the right car/engine i want. So since you have helped me so much I though I would share my project with you. I had heard of puting v8's in dasuns and RX7's and thought the idea was simple (small car big engine=rocket) but i figured it would be very complicated. It wasnt until I read about a guy in Sport compact who worked for Nissan and had a 240 (porche grey) with a 383. Thats when i decided to do it. So anyway...I just got home a 73 240z. I bought the car for 700 bucks. It had some surface rust (the paint job was old) and rust by the battery, but the frame and everything is solid. It still has the l28 (which was ticking until I adjusted the valves) but that thing is beefy...it has mikuni's, cam, headers, large coil, exhaust. The car also has fiberglass cowl hood, full body kit, wing, even suspension upgrades and sway bars, not to mention some nice panasports with 3" lips. Overall the car has potential (the guy said it was an old circuit racer). Im in the process of tearing it down and doing body work (paint/interior for now). I decided im going for a regular 350 setup for Nitros (im going for a budget racer about 150 shot). I was considering a th350 but now am looking toward 200r trans, but I know I want an auto (with a shifter at least, I cant stand not controling what gear Im in). For now im gonna keep the engine in it for a few months while I prepare it and save $ for swap. By the way how much do you think i could sell the engine/4sp trans (w/perf clutch) from radiator to muffler on Ebay...just curious. I hope to be making more posts as I do the conversion.

Guest KillerZees

i know the engines dont go for much but Ive seen triple carbs alone go for over 500..this engine hase k&n, mikuni's, intake manifold, cam, headers larger coil and even new dist, plugs and wire, plus the 4 speed with newer better clutch. Man I'll even sell exhaust and radiator. Well hope i get somethin to help the project

i know the engines dont go for much but Ive seen triple carbs alone go for over 500..this engine hase k&n, mikuni's, intake manifold, cam, headers larger coil and even new dist, plugs and wire, plus the 4 speed with newer better clutch. Man I'll even sell exhaust and radiator. Well hope i get somethin to help the project

I would have to say your best bet would be to sell everything part by part. Split them up and make some good money, And take your time clean the parts up to make them look good. and take some good pictures A good looking good working part brings more money than a dirty Great working part anyday on Ebay.

Sounds like a GREAT DEAL you got for $700.00 Happy Motoring

Guest KillerZees

yeah I was thinking of parting it but thought it might bring more complete...guess not. I thought I got a good deal, it was a friend of a friend thing. Im finding more rust now that im tearing it apart but thatll be taken care of. Thanks for the advise hopefully ill be able to make some $ off of the setup to get the chevy in there...thanks for the advise.