HybridZ

Buying another Z.. and merry X-mas guys!

Guest ON3GO

hey guys..

merry christmas..

im in florida, doing little things on the Z and hanging out with family and friends.

my grandma (who pretty much rasied me) is sick and in Hospital..

breaks my heart to see her in all this pain and not being able to be with her family on this time of year...

im sure she will get better... but 70 years of smoking takes a toll on ya, and it sure did on her.

anyways today while i was out driving the Z06 with my dad i drove by a guy in my neighborhood who has a 280Z in AWESOME shape, no rust, lots of new panels, motor runs pretty good, its a auto but thats ok, and he is the 2nd owner and bought it from a friend, and it only has one dent on the rear panel.

anyways i stop to say hello, and he tells me he is selling th Z, but doesnt know how much to sell it for and he 1st has to find the car he wants before he sells the Z.

so my dad tells him when he about to sell it to call him and we will take it.

YES!! now i need to get the cash to pay for it, or if i dont have the money in time, to pay my dad back.

we are hoping that my Z will be done and in texas with me or atleast with alex getting worked on when the guy is about to sell it to us.

its not a 100% done deal as i dont have the car yet but im sure its gonna go down :D. ill give ya guys updates...

we dont have room for it now as my Z and the Z06 takes up the garage, and we dont want to leave it outside because its in too good of shape.

so this is gonna be my next Z project.

maybe a LS1-6 swap, or a KA24 turbo swap as i have a KA24DE spare motor i could use. i dunno yet lol.. i might just do it simple and oldschool.. like triple webbers, and 16in rims and just simple..

seems like im getting nothing but 280z's.. hmmm.. i wanted a 240Z next but thats ok.

anyways i hope everybodys Christmas is going great, everybody drive safe and have fun.

best wishes

mike

Guest brianglawson

turn this one into a N/A beast, do 3.1 stroker with triple mikunis, anyways Merry Christmas to you and everyone else, i got an sr20det for my 240sx for christmas so im set :D

HELL YEAH mike!!! :D

hope you're enjoying your time with the family... my best wishes to your grandmother, i can nearly relate as my mother is trying to get her strength back after being diagnosed with emphysema, and isn't getting around much today... just value the time you can spend with her, i'm doing everything to do the same.

as for that second 280.... you're just crazy enough to be the first to put in a viper v10..... :wink:

ya i might be crazy enough to do it, its just i dont have the money to act out my crazy ways!

my friend said he would sell his Dodge 440 to me, but thats way to big and heavy!

still have that KA and i have a line on a SR20DET if i want it, also a CA and also 2002 S2000 motor but i dont think i would do that, would be a cool track car though..

mike

ya but i have to stay true to my "real" self... which is on jackstands lol..

i was thinking of getting something thats like almost all the way done but then it really wouldnt be my hybrid z... u no?

if i can get this Z for a good price then im doing it.. its in SUCH a nice shape...

my Z should be on the road before i have this car taken apart so.. :)

mike