HybridZ

Who makes z31 cv adaptors for s30's

Ivan280zt

I'll have to email ross with some feedback as to the droop of the suspension when using the 300zx CVs.

Chase good buddy! That would be great! Your email's changed, I looked up your name in online phonebook/left some phone messages at the similar names that might rehook us up!

Drop me an email please, some fun details to sort :)

(Just discovered this thread, or I'd have jumped in earlier!)

The Z31 CV stub axles have a few traits stouter than the 280ZXT, shaft diameter, bolt pattern just offhand. Although neither has been a point of weakness I'm aware of. I'd just take whatever decent shape axle set was available to me between 280ZXT and Z31 4 bolt CV's. A fine source for parts that has treated all my referred customers very well is the Z Barn

http://www.zbarn.com/

Roger and I have no affiliation but when I send a customer referred to him he sets them up with the right parts/no questions/every time and quality of his used parts has always been good in my experiences to date (customers send me many stub axle and companion flange cores they buy from Roger). Feel free to mention my name to him as some day I'll need some parts from him I'm sure, and it's a small world so may as well keep it friendly!

Reason those Z31 CV 4 bolt pieces looked too long for a 280ZX is they are! 280ZX rear diff to hub geometry is different from Z's........280ZX's use a notably longer companion flange than Z's. In this length difference is were I incorporate the adaptor thickness appropriately for the 280ZXt to Z adaptors as well as the Z31 units.

Hope that helps.

Guest 240hybrid

Just a bit of info....I can email with more indepth talk about the adapters. When I have had the car jacked up (from the diff.) with the new adapters and CVs installed, I was able to turn the wheels pretty freely so I took it that they weren't binding any due to the CV length. I remember before I flipped the ball and cages the wheel felt like the E-brake was on a bit due to some binding I believe.

I looked at your site again as far as how to post a review/reply and see that you have to click that specific item and then write a review about it. I didn't see the 300zxt CV adapters on there so I take it I can't write a review yet. I have only give these adapters praise and good reports on this site and anywhere (or anyone) else that has asked or talked about where/who to go to for these adapters. I'll get a review to you though.

Also, I could unbolt one side (prob. the passenger side, since the CV is longer on that side) and see what the joint endcap is doing and make sure the suspension doesn't drop anymore from being unbolted. I'm pretty sure everything is kosher as far as CV length but I'm willing to look into it for future users and reference.

Sorry about the email change...

Chase