HybridZ

e-ram Electric Supercharger?

hauserdaddy

Guest bastaad525

That thing looks bogus, and dangerous. There have been a lot of those types of units floating around for a while... none of them ever really look like more than a gimmick, and of course the proof is in the putting... which is to say, how many people do you know that use one and say it works? I wouldn't trust that one because the blades are plastic... just seems too risky that they could break off and get sucked into your engine. There IS one that looks like it actually does what it says, I forget the name now but there was a topic on here very recently about it... the thing looks like three starter motors strapped together... I guess I'd believe that one actually works because it costs a whopping THREE GRAND :) supposedly can deliver something like 15psi of boost, but only for very short term use (15 second bursts). They pinned it as a good alternative to nitrous, a bit more expensive, but you never have to refill it. They have recently started advertising this unit in sport compact car magazine.

• 2 weeks later...