HybridZ

tuarus fan ? (i searched)

Guest tyrfryr

Guest tyrfryr

ok, i picked up the ford 2 speed fan from the 3.8 , it has 3 wires as intended, my question for you fine gents~ how does it mount to the radiator.. this install is in a 77 280z with chevy sb N'side~ and i can't figure out how to mount it.. the fan is correct, and the radiator is bran new for a 77... so im stumped. any ideas would be greatly appreciated, as i really want to use this fan~ ( a friend thinks a tuarus fan wont cool a v8, and i want to prove em wrong) thanks alot...hope ya can help~ :lol:

Don't mean to flame you, but it's hard to believe you did a search on the Taurus fan and couldn't find what you needed. That whirly bird has been talked to death.

fbs01r16f20.jpg

On my car I attached the driver side to the rad support with a simple piece of sheetmetal bent into a "Z" shape. The passenger side just slips in the grove between the core and the tank and the top is attached with the stock (but modified) Camero radiator mount.

On the next swap I just made two "Z" brackets, one for each side.

I don't recammend the plastic pull through zip ties. Vibration causes them to abraid through the tubes and the result is a hard to repair water leak.

• 1 month later...