HybridZ

Covering door panels and misc. interior

Tim240z

Just redid the doorpanels. I think that I will eventually take them to an uphostery shop and have them done really nicely, but this is better than the crappy tan stuff that was on them:

Here is the beginning:

fa1932ed.jpg

Then with everything stripped:

fa1932e7.jpg

Then this, with 1/4 inch foam installed:

fa1932e0.jpg

And before putting it on the doors:

fa1932db.jpg

And installed:

fa1932d5.jpg

And the interior:

fa19326e.jpg

fa1932d0.jpg

Gosh, from the pics it looks great! I have some good panels, but my set of bad ones I may do in CF if I can find the time *ugh*

Those are custom ones? They look like they have felt in the center, no vinyl. Even so, gotta love 'em. BTW, I like the steering wheel--MOMO, no? :D

Davy

Davy...yes, MOMO Champion Steering wheel. Actually already has some history.....was out of one of my Dad's winning Camaro race cars!!

The grey panel that you see is actually attached on top of the black vinyl. It just looked to plain and boring without it. I started with two yards of vinyl and 1/2 yard of grey material. I also made a new headliner out of the same black vinyl as the OEM one was also tan....so it had to go, even though it is in perfect condition.

Thanks...

Tim

Tim,

Cool looking door panels! Props to you for trying it and succeeding quite well.

Hey, how difficult was it to change the headliner? I didn't want to touch mine, because it's in perfect condition, but it's RED and I'm changing the interior from red to a black/grey theme. Not to many people would see the red headliner, but it bothers me and I would like to change it. Would it maybe be easier to dye the red vinyl black?

!M!