HybridZ

74 260Z Chrome Roof Trim Strip

Guest Hauptmann03

Guest Hauptmann03

Sorry if this is redundant but I can't find any reference to or pictures of it. Has anyone seen or do you have an approximately 5" wide 1/2" thick chrome stip accross your top just 3" ahead of the rear hatch glass? I just want to know if it is OEM or what? Please respond ASAP so I can get to work in peace! Also, does anyone know about the mechanical points/electronic ignitions combos of year used with what transmission etc. My dealer has a fellow in Parts named "Charlie" who says my combo of 74 260Z coupe with 4-spd and single points plus front mechanical fuel pump , rear electric fuel pump, and non flat top dual carbs is rare. He says he wants to see the distributor part number because someone must have been mixing parts! In my research, it is not unusual and I want to know who is right.

Thanks in advance for the help and thanks for all the good info on this site. You/we are lucky to have such a source available.

One more thing. I want to further research the TPI Tuned Port Injection motors from Camaro and Corvettes. John Baechtel in his "Chevy TPI Fuel Injection Swapper's Guide" says they are a great system and properly tuned will hold their own with the LT!_LT4's at a lot lower cost because they are abundant and inexpensive to buy. True or not?

Later

Guest 240hybrid

3" ahead of the rear hatch glass?? Hmm...I don't think I've seen that, but there is some stainless steel (or aluminum) trim that is set into the hatch and windshield seals. Are you talking about chrome edge trim like the stuff you can put on the edge of doors for looks and protection? I might just be overanalyzing your question though?

Chase