HybridZ

The Jdm show was awesome...

fl327

Nothing like any other import car event that I have ever went to. No high registration fees, the only fee was to pay for parking (it was held on the bottom floor of a parking complex). 99.9% import cars were there, and I was just about the only S30 there, the other guy had a bone stock 76. Originally it was setup for 50 cars, but 400 showed up!!!! It was a scene out of some movie or something, I drove through the crowd to the Oldschool section through a sea of hondas, mk everything supra, s13/14, z32, ae86, a few skylines, fc, fd, you name it, it was there. Everyone was gawking hard at the intercooler, everyones eyes were peeping the grill, as I drove through with the H4s on high beam creeping like a big black panther. I was overhearing people say things like "oh crap, thats a 1st gen Z" "those things are quick" "OH damn!" " its boostin!" and one guy even screamed out "Wangan midnite!" I got to the old school section and was greeted by the 510s and old school Corolla and Celica crowd, it was incredibly fun, everyone was so pumped it was like we already knew each other. The 510 guys were drinking Hennesey and playing cards on their hood, we found out we go to the same school, so I put them down with NISMOBB instantly! People that were interested in, and owned older z cars were going crazy when they saw my setup (which isnt anything special, but its not a common sight I guess) and I made a lot of contacts for future sidejob work and tuning, my phone is down for a week so I had to give them my buddies number at least 20 times! A few s30 owners that didnt bring their cars were relating how they came just to see what z cars would come out, and I was pleased that they liked my car, and was amazed at how much interest and fear there is of doing the zxt swap into the older body! Its pretty commonplace and I regard it as being simple, but being able to see an outsiders view of the conversion was refreshing. I gave out my buddies number to three people who want to throw me an offer for my car! Everythings for sale :D I was amazed at the level of positive energy that existed at this show, everyone was exchanging information and setting up future events, sharing resources and giving each other high fives for just being there. I almost lost my voice screaming since it was hard to talk over the whoosh whoosh and the dj's, but hey it was worth it entirely.

It was a sea of positive import car enthusiasts, no dvd players, strobe lights, or gaudy body kits. It was more like Intercoolers, wheels I would kill for, the 400 variations of the silvia, and my favorite car of the day, a US spec S14 with a RB25det with greddy everything on it. I was sad that I didnt see any local guys with their zcars to come check this show out with me, it was an awesome event and it was a turbo lovers dream come true! Photos of the event should be up soon at

Jdmtheory.com

The best part about me talking with all the different people that were checking out my car that didnt own z's was I found this to be a common theme: The sight of an S30 makes them all ponder whats makes it tick, it scares them since they do know about what we do to these things!!! A couple years ago when I had a v8z a lot of kids didnt even know what a S30 was, now they are coming up to me and asking what engine is in my S30-its bad ass they refer to these cars as an S30!!!!

Guest 007fastZ

Sweet, I'm 18 and have a 280zx. I hang out with alot of car guys mostly import guys and most of them have hondas or s13 or any other common import. Most kids when i go to a cruise in aren't even quite sure what it is. The ones that do have an idea think they are sweet. I love it. The old Z cars always amaze people.