HybridZ

Rebuilt Kits. Where to buy???

Z_Dust

My friend's car gave up the ghost :cry:

I just got a 1983 280zxt engine for $100.00. :-D The engine was running stock with almost 70k miles on it. The car was hit from behind and declared a total loss. The engine was the only part I could get so I will have to hunt for the rest.

I want to use this engine on my 77z for my turbo swap. Where can I purchase a rebuilt kit to "refresh" this engine. I am sure that the engine is good for at least another 30k but I still would like to have it done.

I know that Fel-Pro makes a complete gasket set for the engine (actually a head set and a bottom end set), but I don't know of anyone that has a complete rebuild kit with pistons, rings, bearings, etc. But if your engine truly has only 70,000 miles you wouldn't necessarily need any of these items anyway. You might try PAECO or Top End Performance.

Guest szlash280z

if it only had 70,000miles then you "shouldn't" need new pistons or crank etc. it "should" just need new bearings all around, new piston rings and a head rebuild just to make sure. my engine had LOTS more miles on it and that's all it needed. Check it out fully before you decide to run the pistons again though.