HybridZ

Tips for buying a hybrid

Guest WannaV8Z

Guest WannaV8Z

Hello everyone I'm new to posting here but I have been reading posts here for the last 2 years. I am also a member of Zcar.com which is how I found this site all those years ago.

I have made up my mind to buy a V8 hybrid in a month or so but I am not sure what to look for in a hybrid Z. I have owned several zcars in the past and I know what to look for in buying a standard Z-car, it's the mods that are required to install a V8 engine capable of more power that has me seeking more information.

BTW: If anyone has a lead on a hybrid up for sale at a reasonable price I'd appreciate the info.

Thanks everyone!

Guest WannaV8Z

I am looking for a daily driver that has the get-up and go that a V8 can provide. But I am not looking for a 10 sec car. Just the power and the general performance a engine swap will provide. I'm not looking to autocross the car or drag race,well maybe a stoplight run every now and then, just something a little more fun.

In that case almost any swap will work for you. Make up your mind as to carb or fi, auto or stick and start looking! With patience you can find them cheaper then you can build them. Beyond the obvious stuff like leaks and poorly done electrical it's pretty much like buying any other car. Make sure you can test drive it first... I didn't and when I finally did I found alot of little stuff that needed fixing.

Welcome to HybridZ!