HybridZ

More Fuel Pump Questions

240hoke

Aight Ive been following along on the Fuel pump topic thats farther down, and since my MSD fuel pump officially crapped out on me when i tried replacing the stud in it I decided to get new pump.

Sounds like the Porshe 944t pump is the way to go. Has anybody had any expirence with buying a pump from Advance or other part store chains? i checked with advance today and they could have me a new pump tomarrow(im assuming thats it the bosch unit).

So anyway heres my question:

Do i need to run a damper in-line?, I know that with my MSD pump it wasn't nessacary, but is this a different type of pump?

If i do need one where can i get it?

Also if any knows off the top of their head, what are the inlet and outlet hose sizes?

-Austin

Guest bastaad525

I dunno... I think the Walbro is more the way to go, or the Peirburg if you can swallow the high price ($200) I think I'm gonna go with the Peirburg... a nice quiet pump, fits in the stock bracket, and a couple guys here have them and have no probs with them.

How much did Advance want for a new 944 pump?

I'm thinking that most people that would use the 944 pump are pulling them at scrapyards, as new cost is probably high relative to the Walbro or whatever.

Does the 944 pump fit in the stock bracket?

i think ive decided against the porshe pump, they wanted to much for it (200!). After seeing slownrusty's post about the holley I think I will be ordering that one. Its no biggie if it doesnt fitt the stock braket, dont let that scare you, you can get pump mounting brackets from summit or jegs. Drill a couple holes and you're done.

-Austin