HybridZ

280 ZX Ford 351(c)

Guest Dag

I have been looking in doing a swap on one of my '80 280ZX. My buddy has a 351(cleveland). It came out of a 71 Mach 1, he said was running high 12's with his Mach. My question is is this a suitble engine for a swap, and will it even fit? I have been considering a LT1 but I would perfer to buy this engine from my buddy and not on Ebay or from a stranger.

Don't know if it will fit or not, but I think it would be really cool. A 351W might fit better. Also, do you have smog regulations to deal with? If so, You will likely have problems getting that engine approved since it is older than the car.

The Cleveland should fit. I believe the dimensions of the block are very close to those of the Windsor (with the exception of the water passages, even the heads will swap). I'm not sure here, but I believe it will weigh more than the Windsor, and be close to the BowTie in weight. Sounds like an interesting swap that is do-able.