HybridZ

NISMO NIMROD?

Guest jjohart

Guest jjohart

I am having difficulty determining the honesty of an area Z parts supplier. In the past, I have bought pads and brake rotors on order from him, and found the parts to be packaged from other manufacturers (i.e, Metalmasters pads, etc). When I queried him on it, he claimed they came out of the "Nismo parts book", but the supplier could be other than Nissan.

I was looking into suspension bits for my 83 280ZXT lately, and he told me that Eibach made a "Pro-kit" of progressive springs for my 2 + 2, even though Eibach and other sites specifically indicate that this is NOT for the 2 + 2 configuration. When I questioned him on it, he again claimed it was out of the Nismo parts catalog. I asked him to give me a part number, but he said all he could provide was the Nismo catalog number, to which he's yet to send! I am beginning to wonder A) Exactly what holy grail book is he referencing..I've done surfs for Nismo products, and there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of product, if anything, for classic Z's.

B) Is this guy full of s----?! I mean, Nismo definitely does not make rotor kits for old Z's, and even Nissan motorsports has almost nothing for my ZX style Z...furthermore, I find it hard to believe that Eibach custom delivers modified Z kits just to fit the few whackos trying to justify an expensive set up on a very scarce old car!

Tell me I'm wrong!!!

John

Guest HolyLlama

Not to say anything about the honesty of your supplier, but I picked up a Nismo catalog from my local dealership today. While their car salesmen are not the greatest people in the world, the guys in their parts and service division sent me to a local Z enthusiast because their parts were so expensive. I would suggest going to several Nissan dealerships and check their prices, and pick up a Nismo catalog while you're there so you can verify the supplier's honesty.

Also, while I was flipping through the catalog today, I did notice a fair amount of parts for a 280zx, not an ungodly amount, but not a scarce amount either

Nissan motorsports is different from nismo, as far as I know they are not creating any new nismo parts for the older Z's, check this linkhttp://www.courtesyparts.com/nms/s30/index.html, from courtesey, I have delt with them they are hinest and offer discounts to Z club members local or not and if you go to their site you can click the link to their nismo parts as well