HybridZ

Identify exhaust system

Guest Nic-Rebel450CA

Guest Nic-Rebel450CA

Ok, I have given up. I was trying to find a way to pull the sound clip out of an MP3 so I could upload it somewhere, but I cant find any MP3 editing software. So.... I am hoping that there are enough people that have heard the song.

The song I am referring to is Billy Joel's "I'm moving out". Towards the end of the song it says "If that's moving up then I'm... Moving out!" and has the sound of a beautiful (Chevy?) taking off. It really isnt that special sounding, but it is a very unique sound, and has a nice bubbley sound. :D By bubbley I mean that it sounds kind of like exhaust pulses coming up from under water.

I love this exact exhaust note, and am trying to figure out what it is. It sounds kind of like a small block Chevy 2-into-1 through a glass-pack, but sounds a bit too muffled to be a glass-pack.

Anyone know? :)

One of my favorite songs of all time... When I was a little kid I had Billy Joel's greatest hits (damn, I'm young) and would listen to it every night to fall asleep. Listened to it every night for years. Listening to it now.... The sound clip sounds kind of drowned out, under water as you say.... it's probably not a good representation of how the actual car sounds. I almost think it sounds like a big-bore straight six like a Jag E-type. It doesn't sound uniquely V8 to me.