HybridZ

V8 280zx 2+2 questions

Guest FinalRights

Guest FinalRights

I have a chance to get a 280zx for $400. A few things need to be replaced,but its still a pretty good deal. I want to use this car as a daily drive,but I still want a bit of speed. Im hoping atleast 250hp/tq,which isn't that much to ask from a V8. Carbed or EFI doesn't matter. I'm looking at the easiest to drop in for the cheapest price. I don't really want to spend more then $1500 on the enigne(including putting it in),I'll do all the work myself.

• 1 month later...
Guest drahgonking

try (http://www.jagsthatrun.com). also known as JTR. they sell complete kits to install small block chevys into datsun zcars. a stock 350 chevy will give you 250 hp easy. if you want something bigger. try (ronruschman.tripod.com). he put a 440 rb mopar in his zcar. i am in the process of installing a 440 mopar into my 1978 280Z 2+2. about 5 years ago. i installed a 500cid cadillac cad 400 turbo and 9inch ford with 4bar suspension into a 78 280Z well there is the info. good luck