HybridZ

MML R230 CV adaptors available!

Modern Motorsports Ltd

MML CV adaptors to help those adapting R230 differentials to their 70-78 Z's are now available!

They include are CV to companion flange adaptor (gets precision mated to your supplied companion flangs) designed to eliminate the small OEM 4 bolt companion flange bolt pattern, without eliminating this bolt connection you still have this weak point, we ELIMINATE it! We also include the appropriate positive 'stops' that eliminate excessive axle travel towards the inner CV joint that others that have done their own installs in the past have experienced. $265 US includes the companion flange adaptors, 'stops' and hardware (preferred pinch style stub axle nuts/washers, and other hardware for flange to flange connection).

We also offer the custom built axle shafts you'll mate with 4 of the inner flange style 6 bolt CV joints from the Z32TT's and Q45's. Our shafts our premium quality Moser pieces, they've had all other brands of axles in their shop for testing and theirs came out strongest in an apples to apples comparison so I have full faith in their contribution! Our unique design allows for slightly longer axles than any other R230 setups we've seen which will slightly reduce CV joint angularity and CV boot stresses.

In summary we already have the CV adaptors and 'stops', some being welded up for customers who've already committed and others availble for future customers. The axle's will be done shortly as well.

The axles will install easily much like our other CV adaptors.

At present we do not have a front R230 mount but it is something we intend to do within the near future. Anyone interested in helping coordinate completion of this item feel free to inquire.

For your R230 install you'd require your own:

-R230 differential

-4 each of the inner 6 bolt flange style CV joints

-your own front R230 mount (until we have on available)

-your own R200 mustache bar for your own redrilling

-companion flanges for the CV adaptor mating

Cheers!

• 1 month later...

An update as I've been getting email inquiries on this......yes the undisputed to dog MOSER shafts are in our package available for $310US per pair. They've had all others, williams/strange/speedway in their shop/tested and MOSER still came out on top.

Enjoy!

http://www.modern-motorsports.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=57&PHPSESSID=d9cc31a11c1cd7991c940312fc1d8ec8

Ross

I was looking at your companion flange adapters and was wondering why you dont just make a new companion flange? The possibility of out of balance problems and any long term weld failures being eliminated.

Since Moser is already splining axles for you would it be that hard to broach splines into a new flange.

Obviously this swap has great potential to be the must do swap for V8 conversions.

In anticipation of your reply. Neil

Ross

I was looking at your companion flange adapters and was wondering why you dont just make a new companion flange? The possibility of out of balance problems and any long term weld failures being eliminated.

Since Moser is already splining axles for you would it be that hard to broach splines into a new flange.

Obviously this swap has great potential to be the must do swap for V8 conversions.

In anticipation of your reply. Neil

We're already working on that thanks Neil:) Pricey option we're working on reducing the cost of. The stub axle spline is different from the shaft spline......Weld failure is impossible if you understand the forces at play. The weld is essentially just a 'nut' like your lug nut.....if it stays tight the setup works.......force is very minimal on that weld as a result of our unique keying method and assembly process. Their are no balance issues with our setup's design, dirty CV boots are more serious..... :wink:

• 1 month later...

A delayed update :D to respond to some email queries we've had of late for those that don't have their order in queue: Moser's done our axles etc, some setups shipping, shelves are loaded and we'd like to get more of these R230 setups under your Z's :) With our Moser buyin complete we'd like to get more of their fine product in your hands!

http://www.modern-motorsports.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=57&PHPSESSID=c0dd2868292242b1b4c53b7338630156

Guest 1SickZ

Ross,

I have spoke with you via e-mail about the Z31 hubs.. i never got a reply as to if they were completed.

Any updated info on these?

Ross' date=' any word yet on a front mount?

Thanks,

Mike[/quote']

I've had one recent offer to help with it. It's an item we'd like to work with a customer on with them doing some work and us helping in the production cost etc.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ross,

I have spoke with you via e-mail about the Z31 hubs..

Any updated info on these? "

They're in queue at machine shop and expected shortly :-D You'll be pleased, our digitial camera's on the fritz, if I find a friends other digitial picture I'll post it up!

Guest 1SickZ

PLEASE DO! :!::!::!::!::!::!::!:

and what was the pricing on these again?

i'll have to search my old e-mail i have the info somewhere..

Also how about some superstrong custom Z31 halfshafts :?::?::!::!: