HybridZ

Hey fl327, question

Guest ON3GO

hey man whats going on with those 240Z bumper mounts for the 280Z that you were maken?

still doing them?

i got my w2 form and i was thinking about getting some Euro Bumpers and want them on my green 280Z... you know, as close to the body as i can.

any word?

thanks man

mike

I was going to make them, until I realized how easy they were to make- and I could already see how many flames online I would get that FL327 had sent them L brackets for 30.00 in the mail!!!

For the rear of the car, I used early 74 bumper brackets and had to grind the holes on them a lil' to help center the bumper. I used spare halfshaft bolts to hold the bumper in, they are perfect length and all for the job. For the sides havent figured out anything permanent for them yet, they will need attention they flop around a little bit since they dont have the indentation of the 70-74 cars that seats the rear bumper sides. You can drop the bumper struts in the rear, or just take a sawzall to them, I took the sawzall out since I wasnt planning to have the car down for more than the time it took to install the bumper, this isnt a restoration, its my car.

The front is easy enough. Get some L brackets that are fairly long, bolt them to the front bumper, and see where they have to be to be centered in the front of the car, I did this by myself and used a sisscor (sp) jack to hold up the front bumper while I centered it. On mine, it centered right around the holes for the old bumper supports, I fished out the old bolts and a few washers and locked it down pretty easy. The sides will line up in the front, I still have yet to use the correct bolts but I dont get pulled over!

hey man thanks, i guess ill just do alittle shopping around at home depot or something when i get my Z here.

question.. what holes do i use in the front to mount the L brackets? i never had a bumper on my Z and i had to use a few extra holes in the front to mount the 240Z bumper on my 280Z.. needed to make it a ferm fit.

thanks again

mike