HybridZ

Rear lights out

cygnusx1

My recently finished turboz is sitting in the shed connected to its solar battery charger waiting for the snow to go away. I had it out about two weeks ago before the snow. I noticed that all the rear lights are out...what would cause all to go out? I havent gotten the will power to go into the 5 degree and dark shed to diagnose yet but I want to get a mental head start before I get in there. Any ideas? Everything else seems to work fine.

:?:

Maybe this belongs in the electrical section but being a recent turbo swap...

If your rear lights and side markers are out but headlights work, i can almost guarantee it is the headlight switch. If all the lights are on but the rears, I'd be checking the fuses first, then the switch. Probably some corrosion in the system somewhere. Good luck 8)

My interioir lights and parking lights wont turn on every now and again. But the headlights will work. I just have to reach down and roll the fuses, lol, then everything works. The fuse box had some corrision there and I cleaned it all out nice changed the fuse etc, but it did the same thing after about a month. Im used to it now :D

-Austin

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I went out to the shed yesterday, got two shoe-fulls of snow, and cranked over the Z to wake it up. It fired in 1/2 second like it really wanted to go out for a ride. I turned on the lights and the fronts went on but no rears. I flicked the light stalk off and on again and about 2 seconds later, I saw the red light reflect in the rearview mirror. The rear lights all came on.

It must be a bad switch contact in the stalk. You think?