HybridZ

Turbo injector Question

aarang

I recently received new 44lb Accel injectors from Summit for my turbo project. After opening the box, even though they are the Bosch style injector, they are a bit shorter than the stock 280ZXT injectors or the Mustang SVO injectors that I was using. Has anyone used this style of injector, and if so what mods were needed to make them work. I was thinking I could sand down the plastic mounting spacer, to put them deeper into the manifold, but it still would be pushing it to make them seal properly.

Is there another injector of roughly that size (44lb)that would work a little easier? I've heard of people using the Mercedes injector, but some say they are 380cc, not 420cc. Is there another aftermarket SVO injector that is larger than 370cc's? I've asked a few SVO guys, but they didn't know. Any opinions/ help/comments appreciated.

Thanks

Aaron

I made a new fuel rail, so that side of it is easy to adjust. It is the part of the injector ( they are shorter) that mounts to the manifold that is different. I don't want to start grinding on my intake to find out later it will not work!