HybridZ

world class or non worls class t5

warrenp

I have used both and could not tell the diference. In either case, slow shifts and normal width tires will save the trans. You can also use slicks but use a brake linelock to hold the car still while letting out the clutch a little to preload the drive line gears before dumping the clutch. I ran 1.5 second 60 footers and over 130 mph in the 1/4 mile using both WC and Non-WC transmissions. It is more important to use the V8 transmission and not the V6 transmissions.

But I repeat, slow shifts and no clutch drops unless a line lock is used to take up driveline slack first. After my burnout in second gear, I pull up to the starting line and hit the linelock. Then I rev the engine to 5500 and let the clutch out just a bit. The engine pulls down a bit when the clutch engages. Then I dump the clutch on the last yellow and hang on. I'm sure my engine is making 400 ft lb of torque without N20 then aother 200 ft lb on the spray. So a transmission with a 300 ft lb torque rating can handle 600 ft lb if driven carefully.