HybridZ

ONE OF A KIND 1973 DATSUN w/ 302! 620 pickup!

Guest DAT V8

hey! i used to post on here a while ago as "1320the260" well i've long since sold the car... but the datsun/nismo love lived on. i just recently traded a 240sx for a 1973 Datsun 620 Pickup truck that has a SBF in it. i was wondering if you guys have ever seen this truck or anything similar.

heres some info:

1973 Datsun 620

302 with a 2 bbl

BIG cam

built C4

8.8" rear end with really steep gears

from what i was told, this was a full out drag truck years ago. you can see where the fuel cell used to be in the bed but its now welded closed and running a gas tank. the firewall has been cut and the motor sits almost 1/4 way into the cab.

i was told the motor is out of a foxbody, but i don't believe it to be a roller motor(84 and earlier then....) the 8.8" rear is from a mustang as well i believe as it appears to be the same length and still has part of a lower control arm mounting bracket.

here are the pictures i've taken so far. i did not build this truck, i got it how you see it. if anyone would like specific pictures of anything about it just let me know and i'll go snap some as soon as i read the thread.

album_pic.php?pic_id=612

album_pic.php?pic_id=615

album_pic.php?pic_id=613

album_pic.php?pic_id=614

album_pic.php?pic_id=610

album_pic.php?pic_id=611

album_pic.php?pic_id=609

hehe its my drag racer project for now! maybe it could tow shtuff if i got some 3.55s or 3.23s LOL. but for now its 55 mph on the freeway. LOL.

ohhh and any idea on how to make the speedo work? like where i can find a gear to make it work on the c4?