HybridZ

help... bucking and surging

240hoke

okay guys,

the first couple times i took my car out i had absolutly no troubles out of it. Yesterday and today I noticed some problems. the gas gauge was reading all full the entire time, then the car started bucking and surging. i was afriad it might be outta gas. Anyway i got the the gas station and when i took of the cap it literally blew off in my hand! Lots of pressure build up, stupid me forgot to vent the tank. All the vents were closed off except for one which i routed back to the filler tube. Anyhow I thought that was my problem. So i drilled a couple very samll holes in the gas cap. Seemed to fix the pressure issue and my guage now works. It might not have fixed it enough though. But at anyrate, ive got to figure out somthing else to do because the holes in the gas cap dont fit my dirving style, gas comes out -- these are little holes!. Anyhow, any tips on what else could be causnig this? I do have the fuel pump mounted straight up and down but i didnt think that would really matter. Fuel rpessure stays constant. SDS programmer reads no break in ignition signal.

Sorry if this is confusing lemme know if i need to clarify

-Austin

Guest Nic-Rebel450CA

I had a problem with bucking and surging in my Z and it ended up being a problem with cross-fire between the sparkplug wires. Check your wires for hardened and/or exposed.

I dont know much about modifying fuel tanks, but I'd say you have a definite (and dangerous) problem if you are building up that kind of pressure. Did you have a venting system that you disconnected or blocked off?