HybridZ

NEW ROOF FOR MY Z!!! STOKED

ToplessZ

Well my z previously had a faux vinyl top and rust through some parts of my roof. The rest of the car is relativly rust free. I plan on getting it reskinned. I have a complete 280 roof will it work on my 73 240. What would be a fair price for a body shop to charge to put it on. No finish work just installing the new roof shell properly. Thanks in advance guys

No pics yet, but I'm happy with the work. They took off the outerskin from the donor roof and welded it up on my car. From what they said, they kept the "framing" on the car without removing anything structural, only the very top skin. If they are telling the truth (and I believe they are) then I won't see or have any cracking or structural problems when the V8 is installed.

I paid serious low dollar (under $700) and that included the reinstall of the windshield. They gave me a good price because they don't have a ton of work right now. I'll go back and get the rest of the car done when I have more money. Paint will be the last thing.

Even if I had photos, there is really nothing to see at this point. The roof looks like a regular Z roof, but no drip rails and no vents.

Davy

If you look a few posts down you will notice the post about my roof getting reskinned. Well I found a new shop (old in town newly reopened) they came out to give me an estimate on reskinning my roof this morning. 200-300 dollars for an estimated 3 day job and they are shaving the drip rails while they are at it and priming the roof!!! Found their business card on the Wal-Mart bulliten board. Im excited. Steal of a price and they are looking for work to show off their business. Even better they have an in house fiberglass expert!!! Life cant get any better. Ok so I would like to have the paint finished :) but....