HybridZ

turbo v8

Guest chopstick1981

just wondering how well a turbo would fit under the hood, if even at all. If it is possible does anyone have pictures of this?

Go to the "Turbo/Supercharger" Forum and on the bottom of page #6 you will find my post under "Twin Turbo 383 Chevy". There are several good photos of the engine compartment. I was able to fit two large turbos under the hood without any engine compartment or hood modifications. One turbo installation should be much easier than two.

Hanns

It' been a fun car to own but like any conversion, it has it idiosyncrasies. I'm still adding things to improve it. Tomorrow it gets wiring to the electric choke and the Dodge Omni oil pressure/fuel pump switch recommended in the JTR manual. I had the Q-jet rebuilt a few months ago and have been struggling to get it set just right. There doesn't seem to be that many people around any more that really know those carbs. Next I'll be pulling the exhaust manifolds, crossover and turbo plumbing off to have them ceramic coated, just trying to figure out who has the best product to hold up under the heat that a trubo puts out. I've got a titanium tube with rod ends off of an F-117 that I'm trying to modify for an alternator mount, that should look trick! Friend of mine does maintenance on them and those pieces get tossed when they get to a certain wear level....way below automotive requirements!

Cheers!