HybridZ

LD28 crank, 87mm Bore - Clearance?

Doug71zt

Need a quick answer before starting work on my F54 block. With the LD28 crank and an 87 mm bore - will I have any rod/cylinder wall clearance issues? How about rod big end / engine block area? I'm using L24 rods with the group purchase Ross pistons. Norm, Rags, Anyone?

Thanks - Doug

Guest norm[T12SDSUD]

I am running an 86 mm bore and the only clearance issues that I had were on the back of the crank where there are raised stamped numbers. I had to shave the crank slightly due to piston to crank interference. However, that shouldn't be an issue with your motor since you are using 240 rods.

Later,norm

Hey, I was just going to ask this same question before my engine buildup - 87.5mm bore, L24 rods, custom forged pistons with rather short skirts.

Right now I'm thinking about test fitting the pistons/rods without rings to check the rod - to - block and crank -to - piston clearance.

Think I should forgo this mockup and just build it? If there are block clearance issues which cyllinders are most likely to have the problem?