HybridZ

World Domination

Guest MadCow

Ok, well, thats at least how I felt when I was following my Z home (it was being towed) and contemplating the different swaps and potentials. OK, maybe not world domination but perhaps track domination? Anyways, I just got my first Z and its a 74 260. I think its the early model. It has thin bumpers and the front turn signals are under the bumper. Anyways, this car drove B4 it was parked or so I was told. The car did start with a jump but died after a few minutes. the brake pedal goes all the way to the floor when pushed. Going and stopping are crucial. Anyways, any tips or pointers? Suggestions, ideas or, thoughts? It doesn't seem rusty and I am very proud of the car even though its ugly. I will try and take some pics to put on here. Any responses would be greatly appreciated and now I will be posting a lot more cause I am gonna need a lot of help

Thanks people

Yup sounds like an early 74. Congrats! People think of the 260z as the ugly duckling onf the Z family, but if you ask me with a few minor changes it can be awesome. I like the center console and dash better than the early cars, plus you have the good looks of the small bumpers as well.

Lets see, tips... well the stock 260z carbs are crappy. (the have flat tops instead of rounder tops) The early carbs are a good upgrade. (70-72)

Brakes should be able to be rock solid when in good condition. One good bit is that the pedal height itself is adjustable, so after bleeding and so on, if your pedal isn't where you want it you can move it.

An electronic ignition swap is quite a nice upgrade as well. You can get everything you need out of a later 280z or 280zx.

Or you can jump in to the hybridz swing and skip those little upgrades alltogether and put a big motor in there. :) Either way you win because these cars are easy to work on and great to drive.