HybridZ

honda F-series

Guest GenXreject

I have spent ~4hrs with a s2000, while the car handles great and is fun I was not impressed with the drivetrain, it screams but the power band is just too small to be practical for a street car. I am sure it could be made to fit tho if u really wanted to go that route. IMO it would be a poor motor to choose. My friend was chasing me in his 71 mustang and I had to run around town in 1st/2nd in order to keep the revs high enough to have fun. Downshifting to 1st gets old quick.

Guest Chris Leathers

From what i've seen @ the strip & read about........You can sink thousands into the S2000 and it's still slow ! You could probably do 3 V8 swaps cheaper and all 3 would be much faster ! A Honda motor belongs in a Motorcycle ! Just my opinion ! I hate these Rice burners running around town with Fart Can mufflers, thinking they have a hotrod. Please don't degrade the Datsun !

Guest GenXreject

I was just wondering. I was thinking about trying to keep the weight down on the front end there. How do the Z's handle with a small block v8 in the front. (upgraded suspension is a must I know) but even with the right suspension will the "feel" of the car be totally off from factory.? will it handle nimbly or will it be too nose heavy?

a ford 302 v8 with aluminum heads and a t5 will be slightly lighter than stock motor, but with better weight distribution.

a chevy 350 with iron heads and a world class t5 tranny will weigh about 140 lbs more than stock. Using JTR mount kit, the weight distribution will be close to stock.

Guest j_string

I would say go with a sr20det it's cheaper it more powerfull easier to fit and its a nissan :D If you wanna go N/A put a sr20de from a Q's silvia s14. I Personnaly go sr20det with a V mont intercooler ( got to use this space left in the front). The s2000 have a good frame good suspension but needs some torque and something you can use on the street.( read : it's engine sucks.....)