HybridZ

Newbie flywheel question - please help

namz7791

I bought a complete T5 including flywheel, bellhousing, hydraulic clutch setup, shifter etc out of a V8 1991 camaro.

I am finding it very hard to locate an inexpensive 1 piece rear main engine to install in my area and am considering a 2 piece rear main engine. With the 91 Camaro set up the only thing I need to change is the flywheel over to a 2 piece rear main type with associated clutch :?:

Could one of you engine experts confirm this. I dont want to buy the engine and then find out that the camaro bellhousing needs to be off of an earlier 3rd gen when they made 2 piece rear main blocks.

Thanks for your help.

Sorry if I posted this in the wrong spot. :(

That is what i did except I used a Hays scatter-shield bell housing. I used an old style 153 tooth flywheel with a clutch for a V8 ss nova and a gm T5 trans.

I also had good results using the RAM 6 puck meltallic disc (10-1/2 x 1-5/32, 26 spline, 6000 series) and a pressure plate slightly strong than stock. If you drive hard then organic clutches don't last long with the small flywheels.