HybridZ

installing fastback style vents in a 2+2

We were talking about this a couple of weeks ago. I think that the reason the 2+2 looks funny is that the roof line gets thicker in profile as you go towards the rear. The hockey stick angle at the hatch doesnt help either. I really believe that covering the rear widow will make this worse. Try mocking up some card board and painting it a similar color to your car and see what you think. I am going to try some paint tricks on mine to make the windows look larger. It worked nicely on some drawings I did.

Douglas

Thats exactly what I did last evening. I need to get a better picture for the profile. I think it may make the blind spot huge also. Another idea is to change the shape of that window, maybe arc it with the roofline and extend the lower edge towards the trunk a bit. I photochopped a set of mustang vents onto the car, it doesnt look too bad, but I'm not sure about a good profile shot. I'll send you the before and after if you like. (beware, I'm not good at photo editing and the car is primered!!)

Thanks,

Grant

I wouldnt go with the fastback vents peticularly but that concept would do nicely I think. If you can find any pictures of ebays fast forward fastback that had custom made faux vents I think it would give you some different ideas. I think that would look awesome. I dont have any pics but they are on ebay's site somewhere. Zrossa if you look at this topic again I wanted to let you know that since the site changed your gallery pics are gone any chance of reposting those Im always referring back to your front end. Email me if you have any progress reports on the front end to make. Thanks

Jared,

I will have a go at putting them back up tonight. There hasnt been any progress on the molds :evil: . The guy promised me he would get started this week end. I will make a few calls tonight and see if I can speed him up a bit.

Douglas