HybridZ

Replacing Fuel injectors 1978 280z 2.8l

nightlightsnyny

Guest dpiatkin

:!:yes you will have to relieve fuel pressure on the EFI system to do the injector replacement !!!!! but not at the fuel pump, there is a relay/solenoid doohickey for relieving pressure, I believe.....

Your best bet is to get a good manual for your vehicle.... the chilton manual is a "POS"(piece of sh#t) !! do not get it......

Get the HAYNES manual instead. It gives very clear step by step instructions for most procedures, its very easy to use and follow.

Other than that, once you have the shop manual for your car it will be very easy to change out your injectors !!

Hope this helps.....?

I think the manual says to pull the cold start valve, hold it in a jar and turn the car over with the fuel pump fuse / fuse link disconnected. I have just let it dump into the manifold many times, but I guess you shouldn't smoke around it !

Beyond that, how hard this job is is really a matter of how frozen the screws are, especially the ones holding the injectors to the manifold.

Good luck !

Jason