HybridZ

Lost JTR manual, neet T5 master+slave help

labrat

Sorry to ask a basic question, but I lost my JTR manual and couldn't find what I need from the search...

Anyway, just got a tilton 7/8" clutch master and camaro slave, and can't remember how to connect them. My thoughts...

Cut off the roll pin connector thingy from the slave, tap to 3/8" NPT and use a 3/8"NTP to 3/8" flare adapter and then use 3/8" flexible brake line to connect the two pieces. I'm guessing I will also need to cut the rod a little shorter on the master and thread it back further to get the proper throw on the master. Is this correct?

Thanks!

Bill

That's it w/o the details for the Camaro slave cylinder modification in the ?JTR manual.

1/8" NPT, thgen use3/16" (-3) hose 24" long, 1/8" NPT to -3 hose adapter, 1/8" pipe coupler and a 1/8" pipe nipple 1&1/2" long...

The rest of the instructions weredisassembling and hacking the plastic housing to about 1/8" taller than the bleed screw boss........

Bill, I used the JTR method on the T5 slave with my car but I wouldn't do it again. Ron Tyler, a member here sells an adapter for about $30 that is much safer IMHO than drilling and tapping the plastic slave. It's also a bolt-on affair, much simpler and replacement parts down the road wont require customizing.