HybridZ

1st drive with MSnS installed

Just thought you guys would be interested to hear about the first drive since I have installed MSnS. I spent a few minutes tuning the accel bins so the engine responded good. All other settings are default except the constants I entered for the engine. Injector size, number of cylinders, etc. Throttle response is much better. I am using an igntion curve somewhat like the examples that James posted a while back. VE tables are based on other peoples dynos of the L28et with 10psi boost and stock turbo. I only drove the car on dirt so there wasn't much load, only spinning tires. I still want to use the wideband meter before I load the engine in higher gears on pavement. With really minimal tuning it is running as good as it did with the stock ECU(I think better but I have upgraded a lot of stuff), much improved throttle response. Can't wait to do some real tuning now and get back to the pavement. BTW, my throttle linkage is only opening a little over half throttle and has always been this way since the swap. Got to get that fixed, probably why I was only showing 150hp with Gtech on the stock setup. The 1G DSM BOV is too much fun. The neighbors must think they are part of the Fast and Furious now. wahhhhh... ka-chssssss :D

I am very happy with the MSnS computer so far, it is very solid. I have not had one case of weird behavior out of it. Can't say that for the stock system. I hope to be ordering the tech edge wideband kit soon. When I get the throttle fixed I'll let you know what Gtech has to say now. It won't be a comparison to the old setup because the throttle was messed up back then, but atleast give a baseline.