HybridZ

flywheel lock

lilj

has anyone ever seen a flywheel lock for datsun?

my uncle use to work on porsches and he said they're a hell of a lot better than using a large screwdriver.. lol

ive been looking for one in general and everyone is looking at me like 'wtf are you talking about?'

only place i've been able to find any is @ etoolcart.com and they only sell one for porsches and vws.

if anyone has any ideas i'd appretiate it lol..

that and i need some good proof to go tell the jackass at autozone that the tool does exist *not specific to my car*

damn guy asked me if i drove a honda =|

*dies*

I've been using my VW/Porsche tool for years on L-series- Works great. As it will only contact flywheel at 1 point be sure to TIGHTEN the bolt you attach it with to lock it in place. My tool has two sides to it (long teeth and short teeth) I use long teeth side. Be sure to lock it so the contact tooth is on the feed side of the lock bolt (as you come to torque the rotation helps to lock the tool- sort of like channel locks).

thank you very much :)

hehe now i can go get one and shove it in that guys face.. i swear i've never had someone soo rude to me. EVER.. not even at freaking walmart.

so much for buying parts there anymore.

thanks again,

-jon

I bought one off the Snap-on truck years ago it is a very simple and can be reproduced easily. I can send you some dimensions this weekend and a drawing of it so you can make something like it or you can go to a auto shop and ask when the Snap-on truck is supposed to show up. They are sure to have on board like when I bought mine. I don't have any idea how much.