HybridZ

Oil Cooler

Guest Loose_Screws

Guest Loose_Screws

I was thinking about installing an oil cooler on my '77 turbo'd 280Z. What do you guys think about installing the cooler prior to the turbo? Would the cooled oil cool the turbo? I guess I should mention that I am running full oil pressure to the turbo. :?

Thoughts?

Oh yeah, I used to be 'Boyd' on here, but lost my password and have changed email addresses.

It's much easier to buy the oil filter sandwich plate, and plumb it in from there. Plus, when the engine is cool, you don't really want to be cooing the oil, especially in a cool climate. The sandwich adapters typically have a bimetal valve which closes wen the oil is below a certain temperature.

Pete

or you could go get an oil cooler complete from a zxt with an wuto tranny, they came with oil coolers, and if you want to plumb and mount the cooler somewhere special or use a differetn cooler, you can use the adapter that bolt to the block with the lines coming out, and pull the banjo bolts and use an adapters thats whet I did. my cooler now resides on my passanger side fenderwell, I mainly did this because one of my cooler lines took the threads with it when I removed it from my doner car, also you can run the standard L6 oil filter which is larger for a bit more oil capacity, srews right onto the adapter