HybridZ

Got my package from ROss C today!

my coil overs and everything to make the rear disk and the front toyota upgrade came today. everything looks amazing, although i was a bit confused as to why I got C.O.D charged 21 bucks for delevery cuz i thought i paid that but maybe i did somethign stupid when i ordered it all? ANYWAY... it looks great, cant wait to get it on and take some pictures... hopefully this weekend. speedy service, VERY AWESOME.

You most likely got a COD charge of $21 for Brokerage and Taxes. You can find the info on the UPS website here.

http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/resources/select/receiving/customs/fees.html

$21 USD is the charge for items between $250-$1250 US Dollars. That price does not seem that bad, to bring items into Canada from the united states we have to pay

http://www.ups.com/content/ca/en/shipping/cost/zones/customs_clearance.html

So for the same $1250 USD value Which is about $1600 in CDN dollars we have to pay $59.55 CDN plus PST and GST (14.5% in BC) of the value. This is a very common practice what companies such as UPS do is they offer low price land rates (Standard UPS) for Suppliers in the USA/Canada who need to deliver goods across the Canadian/ USA border and don't charge the Supplier for the Brokerage Fees that they are going to charge the Receivers in Canada/USA for these goods. On the UPS website it explains "For Standard To USA shipments, UPS Brokerage services are available unless otherwise specified by the importer. The Importer is resposible for all brokerage charges, duties and taxes at the time of import." If your items were shipped out by ANY method other then UPS Standard such as UPS Worldwide Express PlusSM, UPS Worldwide Expre***M and UPS Worldwide ExpeditedSM shipments they include routine customs clearance. This means you don't have to specify a broker -- routine customs clearance is built into the rates.

Hope this clears up the $21 fee.

-Geoff

i guess the only thing i can say is... oooohhhhhhh. does only ups do that? cuz now im thinking about it and i shipped some stuff from japan, not with ups, and i dont think i paid that.... maybe i did. Makes sense though..

They're US customs laws, only the non-direct fees are UPS items. Those referenced and what you paid are the US fees required to be paid regardless of the shipper.

well since we are talking about it, is there anyway the japanese people sending me the parts, not a business but a regular person, could have included those fee's in the shipping costs and charged me accordingly? because i dont remember having to make an additional payment when i was given those parts, they just showed up.