HybridZ

Spray Gun Special

RacerX

I wanted to share this with those of you who are contemplating the purchase of spray guns. I came across this spray gun special in the ATD tools newspaper provided to shops by our paint supplier. I've never used this brand of gun but for the price it's hard to beat.

They are offering a 3 piece dual setup spray gun set. Unbelievable price - aluminum cups - two guns with two different fluid tip sizes and pressure regulator and gauge. A 1.4 and a 1.7 fluid/air cap size. I'd recommend using the 1.4 for basecoat/single stage topcoat/clear. The 1.7 I'd recommend for primers.

I don't know how to load the ad photo onto this site but here's a link to my yahoo photo album that I scanned the ad. Click on the album titled: ATD Spray Guns, then click on the photo to enlarge it enough to read.

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/mantislightninghands/my_photos

Here's the link to adt tools: http://www.atdtools.com

Hope this helps.

RacerX

p.s. This price is good from April 1 through May 14, 2004 - FYI!

240Z2NV,

Thanks for letting me know. What I do is go to my paint supplier and let them know about the item I want to buy and they order it for me and I am able to purchase it at that price quoted in the bodyshop newspaper/catalog. If I may suggest you inquire at your local paint supplier about this paint gun special from ATD tools and perhaps they'll order it for you at that price.

RacerX

I stopped by the paint store today and was informed that they just received a call from ATD Tools on Friday that this particular spray gun special is not compliant in the state of California and is being recalled. This means that the paint store has to retrieve these spray guns from the shops and persons that purchased them. These were only to be sold in the other states and they stated that it should have had a disclaimer of some sort listed with the ad - but obviously - something was amiss.

Sorry if anyone was mislead - it wasn't intentional!

RacerX