HybridZ

need help with MC for clutch- SBC350 + W.C. T-5

260ZRED

Ok we got the engine running (!!!!!!) just need it driving now.. transmission is a world class t-5 from a camaro, engine is from a burb. =)

Any recomendations on a functional hydraulic master clutch?? ANYTHING will help, just tell me what you guys are using on your stickshifts.

The MC I have now is the wierdest P.O.S. I have ever seen, it looks homemade and is locked up.

What I recall you have to elongate the holes in the firewall and cut the pushrod and rethread the clevis like shown in the JTR manual. I have no experience with using the stock MC on a T5 but JTR claims it is not sufficient. It has a 5/8†bore and JTR recommends ¾†bore for the T5 however several members of this board recommends going up to the 7/8â€.

With my T56, I used the Tilton 7/8 bore universal master cylinder. Direct bolt up, except for the threads on the pedal where the pushrod threads in to. The master's rod is SAE threads, the Datsun's pedal is metric. Easy fix. Pedal feel is great...softer than my Z28 (which is pretty hard).

Summit part number: TIL-74-875U

I used the Tilton 7/8" with my T5. Like Tim says it's a bolt up, just shorten the rod and re-tap the Datsun piece that connects to the pedal. Check the JTR book on the length. IGNOR the JTR book when it says use a 3/4" MC. I wasted a lot of time on that one.