HybridZ

Where to get a T5 input shaft

Guest 260+350

I got a new one off of ebay (for a 280ZXT) 2 months ago.

Seller was a dealer in Oklahoma, who had bought a load of NOS stock from Nissan. Nissan Part #: C2201-P9500

NEOSHO TRUCK PARTS, INC

101 SW MAIN STREET

RED OAK, OK 74563

oemsurplus (oem@pisp.net) (Paypal Address)

oem@oem-surplus.com

also, the following link was on the IZCC distribution:

http://www.oem-surplus.com/nwp/280zx.htm

By the way, if it is for an 84 - 89 Turbo, I have one in the Tranny. I am converting a V-6 unit for use in an L6.

Hope this helps.

ecp48

• 4 weeks later...
Guest rlrl

Are the input shafts interchangable between the L28 and V30 T5 gearboxes? Are the countershaft tooth count the same? For that matter are they interchangable (except for length) with the Ford V8 input shafts?

If anyone has swapped these or has them available to count the teeth the information would be helpful. I have both of the above gearboxes and am trying to learn as much about the differences or interchange PRIOR to tearing them apart. I will post what I learn during the rebuilding.

thanx

rlrl

240(sx sorry)

Yamaha V8

Guest Carrman

The input shafts are not interchangeable. The length of the VG30 version shaft is longer than the L28 version to make up for the deeper bellhousing used with the V6 engine. The tooth count is also different. The L28 version uses a unique to it input shaft. I know this as I researched all of this last year when the T5 in my '75 280 blew up. I do have a good input shaft though, as the failure was first gear welding itself to the mainshaft.

Dave

Guest rlrl

Dave;

My project use a Ford SHO engine, so am interested if the VG30 input shaft is tooth compatable with any of the other T5s, most usefully the FoMoCo ones. If so I could conceivably run an all Ford clutch instead of the hybrid Nissan/Ford Contour setup planned.

thanx

Robert