HybridZ

Will JTR fit 1979 280z

Guest m35514h

Guest m35514h

Will the JTR swap fit 1979 280z? I am wondering because i think i found the perfect recipient to my 350 sbc. Its a '79 280z with no rust a good solid body black interior, and no running engine for 1200. Appreciate the info thanks.

If it is truly a 280Z, the last year they made them was 1978. Otherwise, it is a 280ZX. The JTR kit won't work for a 280ZX, but don't let that stop you! Just ask Greimann or Ross Corrigan about their 280ZX's! MSA sells a kit for the 280ZX if you are, in fact, looking for a 'kit' to make the swap a bit easier--no harm in that. If the car you are looking at is a 1978 280Z, then by all means, use the JTR kit. Both cars are great with V8's.

Davy

Guest Anonymous

Hey M,

Even though I kinda ragged on him in an earlier post, and sense you are about 20 miles from me, you should look into John's cars. He's located in Dallas. Just about walking distance to the Cotton Bowl at 800 Jaguar Ln. I know that his kit will fit a 280zx because he has one with a 350 in it on his lot. Even though it doesnt look real good now, it was probly a damn good car at one time. 2thumbs.gif

Guest Anonymous

MSA 1-800-633-6331 or tech help 1-714-639-2620 They sell the V8 motor mounts and tranny mount for the 700R4 for $225.00 for the ZX and a host of other V8 conversion parts. Do a search on here and you may come up with the plans for the ZX to SBC V8 mounts. Get the JTR Manual for reference too since a lot will apply to the ZX