HybridZ

Bellhousing Question

Guest Lsb4life

Guest Lsb4life

i have a 89 5.0 in my 240z and want to know if there is a bellhousing that will allow me to adapt a t-45 to the engine? cause i am running a AOD

I don't know what a T-45 is, but a mustang belhousing will allow you to connect a T-5 to your engine. The same bell housing can also be used for the other Mustang alternative transmissions. You would need to use the throwout bearing slave combination whcih fits inside your bellhousing, as the Mustang used a cable. Alternatively, some Ford F-100s with the 5.0 used a stick bellhousing, which had a boss for the external slave cylinder. You would need to check an interchange book or go to the bone yards.

ecp48

The T-45 has a bellhousing that is an integral part of the transmission case, much like the later Datsun 5-speeds. This is a problem because the bellhousing to block bolt pattern is also different so just bolting it to 5L isn't an inexpensive alternative. Unfortunately you can't just swap bellhousings in this case.

I'm sure a solution can be built but I wonder if the cost would be more than a built up T5?

Josh