HybridZ

TIME SLIPS

Corzette

Guest zfan

Terry,

I cannot see what you ran! Is there any chance you can type in your runs so us old folks can read it :D

By the way I was telling my friends about your engine build and they were suprised you pulled that cam. My cam is one step up XR288-HR-10 from your old cam but I am running a 383= more cubic inches.

That said my car is mild around town and when I romp on it it becomes a wild ride..hang on. Is your AFR intake a single plane? I switched to a Victor Jr. sigle plane from a Weiand Stealth dual plane and lost some lower end but knocked 3 tenths off the 1/4 mile.

I am hoping for 10's this month!

Mike

Hey Mike! Good to hear. Well the cam is going back in before next month. With the 270HR I managed these numbers..thru the mufflers.

60" 1.86

1/8th 7.99 87MPH

1/4 12.4 at 110.89

No probs in hooking at all....

I am gonna get the stroker kit soon...I found one that has the damper and flex plate together and balanced for $1000. I will probably wait to put the 282 back in then but knowing me Ill do it before that. What jets are u running in the primary and secondaries? Have you broke anything yet? How much time would I gain by running open headers? Are u running 1 3/4s? or 5/8s?

P.S. I also noticed this cam doesnt like any initial advance timing. The more I advance it the slower it ran. The more I retarded it the faster...Is yours like that?

Terry

Guest zfan

Terry,

Sounds like a pretty good deal on the stroker kit. Make sure the pistons are forged if you ever plan on going Nitrous or forced induction.

I am running a 750 Holley/proform dp with 74/84 jets and 4.5 power valve. 35 squirters and 30cc pump not 50.

No I have not broken anything yet :shock: but like I said I do leave the line at idle and do not stall it up if I did stall it to 2k or so I would probably knock off a couple of 10's but snap a spicer :( . Next week when I go to Ennis I will stall it for the first time..My friend is bringing his trailer :D

You sound like your e.t and mph are right there. For your mph you probably will not go any faster. If so not much.

I am running 1 and 5/8" long tube hooker super comp coated headers.

My Buddy has run bothe open and closed headers and noticed no real difference.

CHP ran dyno tests on headers and to their suprise the 1 and 5/8"s gave the best results on a modified 383 they used. So I am staying put on mine.

Well better get some sleep as it is 1:20 am and I am no longer the young pup I once was. :wink:

Mike

Thanks Mike....yeah 110 consistant runs all night....so I wonder what the 282 will yield....I know it feels stronger by the seat of the pants....Talk to ya soon....Acoording to my GTech it was off by 3MPH as well. I remember testing the 282 and it showed 111 MPH as opposed to the 270 at 107. But the track said 110.7 on the 270 so I figure around 114 or so maybe for the 282?? Maybe 11s somewhere...I hope so. 383 in the coming months....lead the way Mike!...out....I need to get to Ennis sometime after my build and meet ya.....take care.

Terry