HybridZ

Stripper Pics

Evil,

What stripper did you use? I've been using a wire brush on my grinder to strip my engine bay and there are spots I just can't get to.

BTW, I would go with the POR-15 treatment rather than paint.

Wheelman

I used the POR-15 por strip. It is water based and doesn't reek as much as other strippers. Not cheap.$30 a gal + $10 to ship :shock: I am on my second gallon and can tell I need some more. I would try something eles if someone had a better suggestion. It seemed to work better on the engine bay and undercoating than it does on the doors, 1/4's etc :?

I've got some stuff called Jasco that I used to strip paint/stain from the base boards in my house when I refinished them. I never considered using it to strip paint from the Z until after I read this post. Has anyone ever tried it or something similar? I read the directions on the can and it said to store it in metal containers so I don't think it will harm the car. It worked great on the based boards, they had several layers of paint and stain as well as grime and this stuff took it all right off.

I'm going to try it as soon as I'm done welding in my battery box patch panel. I'll let post the results, unfortunately for me I didn't think of it sooner or I wouldn't have spent so many hours using the grinder.

On Second thought I'm going to try it on a small patch right now.

Wheelman